Saturday, November 5, 2011

Trip to Iceland 2010: Day 4 - Seljalandsfoss

Back from a yearly break, time to wrap up the trip report from Iceland and get on with the next one.

Day 4 did not start well. I woke up with a terrible head ache and it was cold like hell at night. I guess camping out was not that great idea after all and by this time it was clear to me that I had not prepared myself well for this trip. The nearby SPA was closed in the morning, as were the showers at the camp-site.

Fortunately, there's abundance of SPAs everywhere in Iceland. So took a short break and went for a shower and a hot bath in one along the road. That brightened me up a bit, but as I drove towards my next destination - Seljalandsfoss - the weather got bad. By the time I arrived, it was raining, but not hard enough to deter me from taking a stroll.

Seljalandsfoss - yes, another waterfall in Iceland


Seljalandsfoss - closer view at the waterfall

After seeing Gulfoss, Seljalandsfoss does not seem all that impressive. However, there's this little thing about it.



You can take a walk along the path behind falling waters of Seljalandsfoss
Sorry, the photos I took while walking behind the waterfall did not do it justice, you have to experience it for yourself.

There are few smaller waterfalls nearby. Like this one:

One of the smaller waterfalls near Seljalandsfoss
Or this one:

Another small waterfall near Seljalandsfoss
For some reason I decided to climb up the hill to have closer look at this one. And while climbing up was not a big problem, going down without sliding all the way on my ass was not an easy task. I eventually made it, but was cover in mud waist down. But hey, at least I got to see a view most tourist don't see (admittedly, they also don't need to clean their clothes after the stroll).
Seljalandsfoss - one of the smaller waterfalls up close

And a different view from up there
And that's it. Next stop - Skógafoss.





No comments:

Post a Comment