Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trip to Iceland 2010: Day 3 - Gulfoss

Gulfoss was the next stop after Geysir. I arrived there at around 16.00, and it was windy as hell. I parked the car at the upper parking, so I couldn't see the waterfall immediately and had to take a short walk. And the closer I got to it, the louder it got. And once I saw it... boy what a sight. It's really impressive.

Gulfoss in its full glory

After seeing that, whenever I hear about "forces of nature", this is what comes to my mind.

And a little note of caution. Do yourself a favor and wear waterproof clothes, otherwise you will end up soaking wet. And take special care of your electronic equipment, like camera. You probably don't want to get it wet. There's a lot of water in the air, seriously.

Gulfoss will make you wet. No, seriously.

Some people go off the beaten path to get really close to Gulfoss. But this is kinda scary.

You can get really close to Gulfoss if you want, but it's kinda scary.

Gulfoss from up the cliff

If you haven't had enough of water yet, then here's some more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment