Saturday, September 25, 2010

Trip to Iceland 2010: Overview

This was my first lone trip abroad and it was so amazing that I decided to share my experience from visiting Iceland.

The whole thing was more or less unprepared. Even the exact date of departure was undecided until 3 or 4 days before the fact. I only had a vague idea of what I wanted to see there and how I would go around doing it. I ended up with this:

  • Day 1: Arrived at Reykiavik - sightseeing and some preparations for next days
  • Day 2: Picked up the car and left Reykiavik - totally wasted day
  • Day 3: Kerio (Keriö), Geysir and Strokkur, Gullfoss
  • Day 4: Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss (Skogafóss)
  • Day 5: Dyrholaey (Dyrhólaey), Vik, Svartifoss
  • Day 6: Thingvellir (Þingvellir), return to Reykiavik
  • Day 7: Blue Lagoon
  • Day 8: Departure from Keflavik

It really sucks that I could not stay longer, and that my lack of preparations made it less organized than it should be. And a week is definitely too short. There's simply sooo much stuff to see in Iceland. I'll definitely come back there, but next time I will be prepared a lot better.

I hope you'll enjoy my report and pictures and wish you all to be able to experience Iceland in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment